Last week, while Jaia was feeling punky and was supposed to be relaxing and laying around, I finished her dance bag. I’m not 100% happy with it but Jaia is and that’s what counts, right?

I’m not liking the zipper I added – it’s just not “polished” enough but I guess that will come with practice, since I rarely ever insert zippers into things.  The handle could be better – I  have it alternating sides so Jaia can carry her bag across her shoulders on one hip. It’s a simple rectangle bag! Fits soft shoes and socks wonderfully!

Saturday we went to a horse show. Rowan didn’t show Jonah in it – I think she wanted to get more of an idea of what the shows entailed.  But waiting until your comfortable is a good thing!  Also Jumping is not her favorite thing and a lot of the classes were jumping.  I didn’t get any pictures of the show itself – we were drawn into helping with the gate and passing out ribbons. I did however meet this awesome guy –

19 hand Clydesdale at this particular barn for rehabilitation. A hand is the way “they” measure horses – it’s about 4 inches.  So this guy is 76 inches tall at the shoulder  – or roughly just over 6 feet tall.  Very, Very sweet guy.

On the drive home we saw this :

Can you see it? Crop dusting helicopter!  I’ve never even heard of such a thing.  I had to stop and take a few pictures. It would swoop, spray, stop spraying and the turn the copter and spray in the other direction. I’m assuming it was spraying some sort of nasty pesticide since we’ve had some nice rain the past few weeks here. I am not a pesticide fan and I’m a believer in organic farming, but I was just amazed that this spraying was done with a helicopter!  Then, of course, there was much speculation (by me)  on how much money they would actually be SAVING if they weren’t spraying chemicals on their crops with a helicopter! The cost of the helicopter itself must be astronomical!

Sunday was actually spent doing nothing Earth Day related at all. Jaia and I and some friends went to the American Girl doll store opening here in St. Louis. It was a lot of fun! I’ve never done anything like that before – Arrived at the mall at 9:00 to get a number for our place in line for the 11:00 store opening. Whew – 2 hours wandering around a closed mall killing time.

Waiting in the store opening line – we were in group number 1 –


Jaia is in the green dress. She brought both of her dolls – Kaya and Ruthie. She’s been saving her birthday money for weeks and ended up buying  Kaya’s horse.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend!  It’s Monday so we’re off to the barn – Row won’t have a lesson  today since her trainer  is out of town. We may actually get home a a reasonable time!

Bright Blessings!